10 Tips To Create Your Paleo Menu
Simply put, your Paleo menu is going to consist of whole foods that have not been subject to any sort of processing. The Paleo diet has become extremely popular over the past couple of years. Given its success rate with those who stick to it, you owe it to yourself to at least find out if a Paleo menu is something you can establish in your own day-to-day life. It’s probable that you can.
Create A Paleo Menu
Don’t go into building your Paleo menu with thoughts about the foods you can no longer eat. Instead, get excited about the things you can eat when you go shopping next time. The nice thing about the Paleo diet is that even after you’ve eliminated certain things, you’re still left with a wide range of foods to enjoy and meals you can prepare. Keep some of these things in mind as you shop:
1. You want to eat meats, fish, eggs, veggies, fruit, nuts, herbs, seeds, oil, and spices. You want to avoid any food that’s processed, sugars, sodas, grain, many dairy foods, any legume, any artificial sweetener products, veggie oils, margarine, and trans-fats.
2. Although you really should avoid dairy products, some Paleo menus do make room for full-fat butters and cheeses.
3. Products that have labels like “diet” and “low fat” are best avoided altogether.
4. You’re going to have to learn to become the kind of person who reads the ingredients list of each item they purchase.
5. When you’re shopping for meat, try to build your Paleo menu around things like beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork. Try to shop organic when you can, focusing on meat that comes from grass-fed and pasture-raised sources.
6. Eggs can quickly become a big part of your Paleo menu, but make sure you focus on buying eggs that come from free-range or pastured sources.
7. Shopping for oils? Look for coconut oil, olive oil, or avocado oil.
8. Sea salt and garlic are two excellent examples of the types of salts/spices you should start bring into your kitchen.
9. There is no such thing as a definitive Paleo menu. Some Paleo diets stick to the original concept. Other Paleo diets allow for modern additions that have been proven to be healthy through scientific studies.
10. If you feel like treating yourself, consider high-quality red wines and dark chocolates. Both of these things have been proven to provide a ton of worthwhile health benefits.