We’re not all blessed with beauty, but we can all be well-groomed and attractive. Time and some effective beauty tips for women will make you a starter in the beauty stakes.
Relax, recognize your best features, and make the best of them.
Beauty Tips For Women
Here are some super helpful beauty tips for women.
- To help tone up slack thigh muscles, lie on the floor and roll from side to side for five minutes each morning and evening.
- You can tone your buttocks even at the office during the morning tea break with this simple exercise. Stand in front of a chair, place one foot behind the other, tuck hips under and lower yourself gently into the chair with back straight. While sitting, tighten buttock muscles and hold for a count of ten. Repeat five times.
- To tighten stomach muscles, lie back on the floor and raise arms and legs together. Your head may leave the floor but not your shoulders. Repeat this exercise five times night and morning.
- A quick and simple face mask, suitable for normal or oily skin, can be made from the white of an egg. Beat egg white until fluffy and smooth over a thoroughly cleansed face. Allow to dry, don’t smile or move the face before the mask is dry. Remove with lukewarm water.
- Try the Black Mask for blackheads and a lighter face skin.
- To thicken and “lengthen” eyelashes, lightly dust loose powder on to the tips of the lashes after the first application of mascara. Wait 20 seconds before applying a second coat of mascara.
- When applying foundation dot the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin with a small quantity and smooth over the face with light downward strokes – always in the direction the facial hair is growing. Blend well under the jawline and the edges of the face to avoid a “tidemark.”
- To seal loose powder, rinse a cotton wool ball in cold water and wring out to damp dry. Dab lightly over the face. The powder will hold longer and facial down will be less noticeable.
- If your eyebrows are sparse or uneven give them definition by simulating individual hairs with light upward strokes of a very sharp pencil.
- For slightly oily eyelids – try dusting with a loose powder before applying eyeshadow. You’ll find your eyeshadow won’t crease.
- For a well-defined natural lip line use a soft lip brush to apply lipstick. It’s also good for the budget-wise as there is no wastage. Use the brush to recover the last of the lipstick from the container.
- For a simple home conditioning treatment, apply your favorite conditioner, wrap your head in a plastic bag and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing.
- When brushing hair take care to avoid the scalp. Frequent bristle contact with the scalp may damage the surface and set up minor irritations and excessive flaking.
- Don’t brush tangled hair when wet, it becomes elastic and a brush can tear it. Use a wide-toothed comb to ease out the tangles. Comb from the ends and gradually work up towards the scalp.
- Add extra highlights to brown hair by mixing a dash of malt vinegar to the final rinsing water. For blondes, a dash of lemon juice.
- When filing nails use a light, but deft stroke and always work from the side towards the center. Never file with a back and forward action.
- Don’t abuse your nails. Always open bobby pins with the balls of your fingers and remember to use the blunt end of a pencil when dialing telephone numbers.
- When your hands are badly chapped and damaged they need special treatment. Try this. Rub glycerine well into the skin and cover with cotton gloves before going to bed. Rinse hands in warm water the following morning and massage with your favorite hand cream.
- To strengthen nails add a teaspoon of gelatine to your orange juice each morning.
More Beauty Tips For Women
- Whiten and soften elbows by resting in two halves of a lemon for five minutes. Rinse in lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Pack cotton wool balls between the toes before applying nail polish to prevent smudging.
- To thicken and nourish eyelashes rub vaseline into the base of’ the lashes before retiring at night.
- Here’s a quick pick-me-up after a hectic day. Soak cotton wool balls in witch-hazel and wring out excess moisture. Lie down and make sure your feet are slightly elevated. Place moist pads on the eyelids and rest for ten to 15 minutes.
- To remove tension from tired limbs, run a deep warm bath, add a few drops of baby oil if your skin is dry, and soak for 15 minutes. Towel dry and massage the body with baby lotion.
- For an economical lip gloss try slicking vaseline on top of your normal lipstick.
Feel free to share these beauty tips for women will all your friends!
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.