Cellulite is the most feared enemy of women. It occurs in most women and does not take into account the weight or age. But with these 5 moves, you can get rid of cellulite on legs and buttocks starting today.
Exercises that target the back of your thighs and your buttocks are a challenge because they are quite difficult and must work both glutes and hamstrings.
Don’t worry, I’ve put together the best exercises against cellulite. Check them out!
Exercises That Help Get Rid Of Cellulite
To get rid of cellulite on the buttocks and strengthen the muscles in this area, here are some simple exercises against cellulite:
Lunges are one of the most common exercises to work out your buttocks. Here’s how to do lunges:
- Stand straight with hands on hips and feet slightly apart. This is the starting position.
- Stretch your right leg forward and step on the entire foot.
- Lower yourself slightly until your left leg touches the floor.
- Then return to the starting position.
Perform 3 sets of 15 exercises each, then switch legs.
Tip 1: The back should remain straight and the thigh of the front leg should be perpendicular to the ground.
Tip 2: For a more complex exercise, hold some weights in your hands.
2. Clamshell Exercise
This exercise will make you feel the burn in your thigh muscles immediately. Here’s how to do it:
- Sit on one side, on the floor.
- Support your head with the right arm and slightly bend your knees.
- Put the other hand on the upper hip. This is the starting position.
- Spread your legs at the knee while keeping the ankles together and hold on for a couple of seconds.
- Return to the starting position.
Perform 3 sets of 10 exercises and then change position, turning up on the other side of the body.
3. Single Leg Squat (Pistol Squat)
The pistol squat exercise is quite difficult and requires a good balance but it is very effective against cellulite. Here is how to perform it:
- Stand up with your back straight, feet hip-width apart, and arms extended in front of you.
- Raise one leg at 30 degrees. This is the starting position.
- Slowly lower with your bottom toward the floor.
- Return slowly to the starting position without touching the floor with the raised leg.
Perform 3 sets of 8-10 exercises, then switch legs.
Tip: If you fail to maintain your balance, use a chair or a wall to lean a hand.
4. Fire Hydrant Exercise
The fire hydrant exercise will give your inner thighs a good stretch thus helping tone your muscles and get rid of cellulite. Here is how to do it:
- Get on your knees and lean with both hands on the floor. This is your starting position.
- Keeping your right leg bent, raise it at the side until it’s parallel to the floor.
- Return to starting position.
Perform 3 sets of 10 or 15 repetitions, then switch legs and repeat.
5. Squat Jumps
This exercise uses explosive moves to burn fat on your entire body, not just on your legs and butt. Here is how to perform it:
- Sit with your back straight, hands behind your head, and feet shoder-width apart.
- Point your toes slightly outward. This is the starting position.
- Push your butt out, flexing your legs until the thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Get up on your toes and jump as high as you can.
- Then come back to the starting position and repeat.
Perform 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
Tip: To keep your balance while you are on your toes, tighten your abdominal muscles.
Advice Against Cellulite
Besides exercising your glutes and hamstrings, there are other things you must keep in mind in order to get rid of cellulite forever.
Here are the most important tips when it comes to fighting cellulite:
1. Avoid Excess Salt And Sugar
Sugar accumulates in fat cells and causes their expansion and salt promotes water retention in the body, making cellulite worse.
To avoid all of this to happen, you should eat no more than six teaspoons of sugar and stay away from foods that have more than 200 mg of salt.
2. Drink Enough Water
Consume 8-10 glasses of water a day because the water helps to eliminate toxins from the body and gives you smooth, beautiful skin.
3. Gotu Kola Extract
Researchers have been developed programs to observe the Gotu Kola extract impact on cellulite.
This tree has relaxing properties and taking it before bed will make your sleep more restful. Rest will help to improve skin elasticity, minimizing the chances of getting the unwanted orange peel.
4. Liposuction Is Not The Solution
Liposuction can’t help you banish cellulite since it targets the fat underneath your skin. You will only reduce your circumference, but will not eliminate the problem of cellulite.
Instead of opting for this extreme procedure, do exercises that target your buttocks and hamstrings to tone your muscles, burn fat, and increase or maintain skin elasticity.
So if you want to get rid of cellulite or prevent it, start doing these five exercises along with a healthy diet and keeping the above tips in mind.