Italian Style Potatoes With Chicken
– 4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided;
– 1 tablespoon olive oil;
– dried thyme, black pepper, salt- to taste;
– 12 small red potatoes, halved;
– cooking spray;
– 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces;
– 1 cup sliced red onion;
– 3/4 cup dry white wine;
– 3/4 cup chicken broth;
– 1/2 cup chopped peppers;
– 1/4 cup pitted olives, halved;
– 2 cups chopped tomato;
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil;
– 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered;
– 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine 2 teaspoons garlic, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and potatoes on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender.
2. Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add half of chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken; remove from pan.
3. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring wine to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 2 minutes). Add potatoes, chicken, broth, pepperoncini, and olives; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 teaspoons garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomato, basil, and artichokes; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Let us know in a comment below if you try one of these easy chicken recipes, and don’t forget to post a photo too!