When you are trying to have a high-protein diet, without going overboard with the calories, you probably want to stock up on chicken. But let’s face it, most recipes are really boring and tasteless. Let’s have a look at a few easy chicken recipes that you can cook in no time, and which are amazing, delicious and full of protein!
Healthy Easy Chicken Recipe With Broccoli
– 3 quarts water;
– 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli florets;
– 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves;
– 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk;
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce);
– 1/4 teaspoon salt;
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper;
– Dash of nutmeg;
– 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise or Greek yogurt;
– 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream;
– 1/4 cup dry sherry;
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce;
– 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed 30% reduced-sodium 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted;
– 1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided;
– Cooking spray.
Instructions for this delicious easy chicken recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Bring water to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, and cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. If you have a vegetable steamer, use that- it’s sometimes a bit more convenient.
2. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl and add chicken to boiling water; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until done. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; cool slightly. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, and add chicken to bowl with broccoli.
3. Combine evaporated milk, flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a saucepan, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add mayonnaise, next 4 ingredients (through soup), and 1/2 cup cheese, stirring until well combined. Add mayonnaise mixture to broccoli mixture; stir gently until combined.
4. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until mixture bubbles at the edges and cheese begins to brown.