When you are trying to have a high-protein diet, without going overboard with the calories, you probably want to stock up on chicken. But let’s face it, most recipes are really boring and tasteless. Let’s have a look at a few easy chicken recipes that you can cook in no time, and which are amazing, delicious and full of protein!
Healthy Easy Chicken Recipe With Broccoli
– 3 quarts water;
– 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli florets;
– 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves;
– 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk;
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce);
– 1/4 teaspoon salt;
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper;
– Dash of nutmeg;
– 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise or Greek yogurt;
– 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream;
– 1/4 cup dry sherry;
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce;
– 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed 30% reduced-sodium 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted;
– 1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided;
– Cooking spray.
Instructions for this delicious easy chicken recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Bring water to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, and cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. If you have a vegetable steamer, use that- it’s sometimes a bit more convenient.
2. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl and add chicken to boiling water; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until done. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; cool slightly. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, and add chicken to bowl with broccoli.
3. Combine evaporated milk, flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a saucepan, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add mayonnaise, next 4 ingredients (through soup), and 1/2 cup cheese, stirring until well combined. Add mayonnaise mixture to broccoli mixture; stir gently until combined.
4. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until mixture bubbles at the edges and cheese begins to brown.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.