A 1500-calorie diet plan is what most nutritionists recommend to their patients. When you exercise and eat 1500 calories daily, you will definitely lose weight while still getting a reasonable amount of food. So yeah, that’s why a 1500-calorie diet plan is so popular.
A 1500-calorie diet plan is great for women who get regular exercise and for lightly active men or men who are over the age of 50. This diet plan can help you to lose weight even if you’re not a very active person. But to maximize the benefits and the results, you should add some regular exercise to your daily routine.
It is well known that a safe weight loss means to lose no more than 2 pounds of your body weight per week. Some of us may lose more than 2 pounds in a week eating 1500 calories per day, but some may lose less.
If you lose more than 2 pounds in a week, you should add 200-300 calories every day, just to make sure you’re losing weight safely. If you lose less than 2 pounds in a week, cut some calories from your daily meals, but never get less than 1200 calories per day.
I need to mention again that regular exercise will help you lose weight faster. It’s not just a healthy habit, but a weight loss accelerator. So reach your desired weight with this 1500-calorie diet plan, along with at least 30 minutes of daily exercise.
1500-Calorie Diet Plan Sample
Breakfast: One cup (250g) of nonfat cottage cheese with one cup of strawberries (80g), sprinkled with some cinnamon.
Lunch: Prepare a large salad with:
- A bowl of leafy greens (lettuce, spinach);
- One cup (80g) of chopped mixed vegetables (carrots, peppers and tomato);
- 3 ounces (85g) grilled chicken breast;
- Half cup (150g) of cooked white beans.
- 2 tablespoons (30g) of reduced-calorie salad dressing
Eat a tangerine as dessert.
Snack: One ounce (30g) of soy nuts with carrots and celery sticks.
- About 8 ounces (200g) of grilled salmon with lemon.
- Two cups (160g) of steamed green beans with garlic.
- Half cup (150g) of cooked brown rice.
- A bowl of mixed leafy greens salad with 2 tablespoons (30g) of reduced calorie dressing.
Snack: An orange or an apple.
If you enjoyed this 1500-calorie diet plan and want more than a single day menu, be sure to subscribe to comment or to leave us a message on Facebook. Stay fit!